- California teachers union backs governor's budget plan
- Jerry Brown says Latin 'makes you smarter than everybody'
- Jerry Brown downplays analyst's budget forecast, pledges to 'stay the course'
- Jerry Brown urges college grads to tackle climate change
- Jerry Brown on Bay Bridge: 'First we want to make it safe'
Democrat, Oakland, CA
Birthdate: April 7, 1938
Occupation: Attorney General
Education: Law degree, Yale Law School ; bachelor's degree in classics, University of California, Berkeley
Experience: Attorney general, 2007-present; mayor of Oakland, 1999-2007; Chairman, the California Democratic Party, 1989-91; California governor, 1975-82; secretary of state, 1971-75; Los Angeles Community College trustee, 1969-70
Contact information: www.gov.ca.gov
- New Kings ownership group to buy Downtown Plaza arena site
- Loophole in health care law could stick doctors with tab
- Think Kings fans hate Jackson now?
- Kings' lottery luck remains elusive
- Kings land 7th pick in 2013 NBA Lottery
- Dan Walters: California State Bar bill hits competition
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Davis man faces trial in alleged hate crime
- As prices rise, Sacramento homeowners regain equity
- Sacto 911: Body found in canal in Natomas