- Sheriff's helicopter gets kids' attention -
- SF Chronicle gets new publisher, president -
- Pilot rescued after reporting crash near Truckee Airport -
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty; retrial set -
- Sacramento arena project should give capital a boost, UOP economist says -
- Man accused of defrauding Granite Bay woman faces new charges -
- Sacramento doctor convicted of sex abuse -
- Assembly passes several election-related bills -
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm -
- Tax bills fail to advance out of California Senate committee -
- West Sacramento homeowner uses new state law to stop foreclosure
- New Kings arena construction will spark Sacramento area economy, UOP forecaster says
- Sacramento's bar-hopping cyclists risk tickets, too
- Kings old and new to join thousands of fans at downtown Sacramento rally
- Driver impaled by metal pipe in Northern Calif.
- Many rural Northern California cities losing residents
- 'Foodies' spark reawakening of Grange in California
- Prospective Kings owners peddle tickets
- Cathie Anderson: Second generation to reclaim William Glen name
- The State Worker: The perils of government transparency
Renee C. Byer / email@example.com
A'Dre Taylor, 8, looks through a pair of binoculars for the first time. "Awesome!" he said. The Sacramento Sheriff's Department aimed at improving the Arden Arcade neighborhood flew the Star Vlll helicopter there for a high tech show and tell with Whitney Avenue Elementary school students. Photo taken May 23, 2013 in Sacramento, California. View a photo gallery.
Evan Vucci / AP
Staff Sgt. Joelle Monroe, of the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment, also known as The Old Guard, places flags at grave sites at Arlington National Cemetery as part of the annual "Flags-In" ceremony in preparation for Memorial Day on Thursday, May 23, 2013, in Arlington, Va.
Jae C. Hong / AP
Former Vietnam POW Orson Swindle, right, gets a hug from Jim Janeway as he arrives to celebrate the 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library & Museum in Yorba Linda, Calif., Thursday, May 23, 2013.