Birthdate: April 7, 1938
Education: Law degree, Yale Law School ; bachelor's degree in classics, University of California, Berkeley
Experience: California governor, 2011-present; Attorney general, 2007-2011; mayor of Oakland, 1999-2007; Chairman, the California Democratic Party, 1989-91; California governor, 1975-82; secretary of state, 1971-75; Los Angeles Community College trustee, 1969-70
Contact information: www.gov.ca.gov
- Chemistry lesson: Kaepernick, Stevie Johnson admit their connection isn’t “clicking” yet
- Audit: State government errors give employees $6.3 million in unearned leave
- Leading Off: How concerned should 49ers fans really be?
- Shooting by 9-year-old girl stirs debate over guns
- Officials: Girl accidentally kills gun instructor
- Six people convicted for 2012 'Sharpie party'
- California officials delay massive Delta water tunnel project
- Napa’s 6.0 rumbler brings up another queasy topic: Earthquake insurance
- Shaping up: Aaron Lynch has made strides since dubious start
- Arrest rate in California Senate higher than rate in all of state's largest cities