The Central Valley Opportunity Center is awarding $27,000 in academic scholarships to 18 high school students from Madera, Merced and Stanislaus counties.
The CVOC is a nonprofit employment, training and social service agency and offers vocational training, energy assistance, food, emergency shelter and much more to residents in the three counties.
Each year it honors academically deserving students from the three counties. The students who received scholarships were honored at a banquet May 5 in Modesto.
Merced County• Sara Cruz, Delhi High School
• Mary Kemphaus, Golden Valley High School
• Jimmy Millan, Livingston High School
• Jessica Perez, Atwater High School
• Marilyn Perez-Mendoza, Golden Valley High School
• Eduardo Vera-Garcia, Atwater High School
• Kyle Dwayne Hansen, Chowchilla Union High School
• Crystal Maciel, Madera High School
• Guadalupe Navarro, Madera High School
• Stephanie Marie Pardue, Yosemite High School
• Gloria Zarate, Liberty High School
Stanislaus County• Rafael Romero Hurenda, Ceres High School
• Carina Partida, Central Valley High School
• Maria Luisa Rosas, Pitman High School
• Jonathan Miguel Tavares, Patterson High School
• Holly Tran, Davis High School
• Paige Womack-Shipman, Denair High School