Tax relief available for business owners affected by Northern California wildfires

08/06/2014 5:41 PM

08/06/2014 5:43 PM

Business owners impacted by Northern California wildfires may request various forms of emergency tax relief, the California State Board of Equalization announced Wednesday.

Those in fire-stricken areas can request an extension to file tax returns, ask for relief from penalties or interest on some taxes and fees, or request replacement copies of lost or damaged records.

To request relief, business owners go online to (search under “Online Services”) or call (800) 400-7115 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

BOE said it was responding to Gov. Jerry Brown’s Aug. 2 emergency proclamation citing the impact of wildfires in El Dorado, Amador, Butte, Humboldt, Lassen, Madera, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta and Siskiyou counties.


Join the Discussion

The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service