Mark Friedman, a prominent developer and part owner of the Sacramento Kings, has been named the 2014 Sacramentan of the Year by the Sacramento Metro Chamber.
Friedman, founder and president of the Fulcrum Property Group, will be honored with other award winners on Jan. 30 at the chamber’s 120th annual business awards dinner at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento.
The Sacramento native, whose family has been longtime owners of Arden Fair Mall, has been extensively involved in the development of the new Kings arena and entertainment complex under construction downtown.
Other 2014 award winners are:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Businessman of the Year: Eric Stille, president and CEO of Woodland-based Nugget Markets.
▪ Businesswoman of the Year: Mary Rotelli, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Teichert Inc. in Sacramento.
▪ Small Business of the Year: California Clothing Recyclers in Sacramento.
▪ Young Professional of the Year: Erica Taylor, vice president, communications and community relations director with Five Star Bank in Sacramento.
▪ Volunteer of the Year: Emilie Cameron, senior public relations manager with Sacramento’s 3fold Communications.
▪ Ambassador of the Year: Ellie Shaw, president of Shaw Media Consulting in Sacramento.
▪ Peter McCuen Award for Civic Entrepreneurs: Warren Smith, founder and president of the Sacramento Republic FC soccer team.
Call The Bee’s Mark Glover, (916) 321-1184.