Macy Coad, 5, hugs her thermal bear, that she’s named “Princess Plums.” Macy has Juvenile arthritis and must take a large amount of medication and weekly shots to keep it under control. Book of Dreams readers are asked to donate money to buy backpacks that the local Arthritis Foundation will give to children afflicted with Juvenile arthritis. The backpacks contain educational material and special thermal bears which are stuffed animals that heat up in the microwave and help ease the pain for children.
Macy Coad, 5, hugs her thermal bear, that she’s named “Princess Plums.” Macy has Juvenile arthritis and must take a large amount of medication and weekly shots to keep it under control. Book of Dreams readers are asked to donate money to buy backpacks that the local Arthritis Foundation will give to children afflicted with Juvenile arthritis. The backpacks contain educational material and special thermal bears which are stuffed animals that heat up in the microwave and help ease the pain for children. Autumn Payne apayne@sacbee.com
Macy Coad, 5, hugs her thermal bear, that she’s named “Princess Plums.” Macy has Juvenile arthritis and must take a large amount of medication and weekly shots to keep it under control. Book of Dreams readers are asked to donate money to buy backpacks that the local Arthritis Foundation will give to children afflicted with Juvenile arthritis. The backpacks contain educational material and special thermal bears which are stuffed animals that heat up in the microwave and help ease the pain for children. Autumn Payne apayne@sacbee.com

The Sacramento Bee’s annual Book of Dreams seeks community nominees

September 12, 2015 03:24 PM

UPDATED November 24, 2015 05:57 PM

Comments

More Videos

  • Hungry and thirsty, baby bobcat finds way into Auburn gas station

    A baby bobcat was found by staff at the Gas and Shop on Lincoln Way in Auburn. Placer County Sheriff's Office responded and the animal was caught Thursday and taken to Gold Country Wildlife Rescue, where it died Friday morning, likely due to exposure to rodent poison.