Pearl Harbor anniversary, exhibit
▪ Monday is the 74th anniversary of Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor, which prompted the United States’ entry into World War II. The California State Capitol Museum hosts an exhibit, “Called to Action: California’s Role in World War II,” which runs through May 16, 2016, in Room B-27. On Monday, the museum is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Go to capitolmuseum.ca.gov for more information.
▪ To view The Sacramento Bee’s photo gallery, “Pearl Harbor, Then and Now,” go to http://sacb.ee/1EUD.
Folsom on-ramp closure
Never miss a local story.
The state Department of Transportation is advising motorists that the Folsom Boulevard on-ramps to eastbound Highway 50 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday for concrete pouring and k-rail work. Motorists can use the Sunrise Boulevard on-ramp as a detour.
Reading at the museum
Capital Public Radio host Beth Ruyak will read the illustrated children’s book “Thomas and the Christmas Tree” by Richard Courtney at 11 and 11:30 a.m. at the California State Railroad Museum. The program is included with museum admission: $10 adults; $5 youths ages 6-17; free for children 5 and younger. Go to www.csrmf.org for more information.
San Juan enrollment lottery
San Juan Unified School District launches its Open Enrollment Lottery for the 2016-17 school year for grades kindergarten through 12. The process is for residents of the district to request a school other than their neighborhood school. Enrollment is open through Jan. 22. Results will be released to parents in February. For enrollment forms and information, go to www.sanjuan.edu/openenrollment.
Things to do
- Sacramento Concert Band Holiday Concert featuring seasonal music from Mozart to Gershwin. Among the favorites will be “Sleigh Ride” and “The Christmas Song.” 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., Monday. Christ Community Church, 5025 Manzanita Ave., Carmichael. Free. 916-204-0990
- 22nd annual Pink Week Show. Artists try to liberate the color pink from all meaning with an exhibition of pink-themed art, including installation by Bay Area artist Tofu. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. WAL Public Market, 1104 R St., Sacramento. 916-289-9340
- State Capitol Holiday Music Program continues with a performance by the Forest Lake Christian School Choir, noon Monday, Rotunda of the State Capitol, 10th and L Street, Sacramento. Free. 916-324-0333