Yodeling at Crocker
The Crocker Art Museum hosts its fourth annual tribute to “The Sound of Music” with a sing-along, costume contests, door prizes and yodeling. In honor of the film’s 50th anniversary, the first 50 ticket-holders will receive free interactive fun packs. The screenings are at 1:30 and 6 p.m., and tickets range from $7 for members to $14 for general admission adults. Crocker Art Museum, 216 O St., Sacramento.
Nature tour in Galt
The Cosumnes River Preserve hosts a guided photography walk starting at 9 a.m. at the visitors center. Volunteer naturalists will lead a tour of the Wetlands Walk, a one-mile-plus loop through wetlands and riparian forest. Photographers will offer advice on how to take pictures along the way. Organizers encourage visitors to bring a camera, as well as a tripod or monopod. 13501 Franklin Blvd., Galt.
Never miss a local story.
Kwanzaa’s agriculture event
The California Black Agriculture Working Group will host its annual Capitol Kwanzaa Celebration with a theme of “Agriculture as the Foundation of Our Culture.” The event takes place starting at noon in Room 126 at the state Capitol in Sacramento.
Christmas tree removal
Can’t wait to get rid of that Christmas tree? Some local facilities will begin accepting them today for recycling at the following locations:
- Sacramento County: Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station, 8491 Fruitridge Road; and Elder Creek Recovery and Transfer Station, 8642 Elder Creek Road.
- Yolo County: Central Landfill, 44090 County Road 28H in Woodland; and Esparto Recycling and Transfer Station, 27075 County Road 19A in Esparto.
- Placer County: Auburn Transfer Station, 12305 Shale Ridge Road in Auburn; Lincoln Airport, 1420 Flightline Drive in Lincoln; and Del Oro High School, 3315 Taylor Road, Loomis.
- El Dorado County: Cameron Park Community Services District residents can drop off their trees at Cameron Park Lake, 2989 Cambridge Road. Other El Dorado County residents can check www.edcgov.us for later drop-off dates.
Return to the malls
That sweater from grandma too tight? Didn’t get everything you wanted? Here are today’s hours for some popular retail locations:
- Arden Fair mall: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Westfield Galleria at Roseville: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunrise Mall: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Folsom Premium Outlets: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Palladio at Broadstone: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.