Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District officials are urging people to exercise caution during the Fourth of July weekend and also boosting staffing to handle an anticipated increase in calls or service.
Operations will continue as normal at the district’s 40 fire stations, but officials said additional units will be activated during peak times at locations where they are most likely to be needed.
Increased staffing for this week includes:
- Three additional engines to be staffed from noon to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, with one in Fair Oaks, one in south Sacramento County and one in Rancho Cordova.
- Boat 65 will be staffed with a crew of three from noon to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- A bulldozer will be staffed with a dedicated operator for 24 hours Friday and Saturday.
- One additional medic will be on duty in the Rancho Cordova area.
- One additional fire investigator will be on duty through Sunday.
Never miss a local story.
Fire officials urge residents to be extremely careful with fireworks, to wear a life vest on the water and to stay hydrated.