Sacramento police: Midtown house fire caused by hashish oil production
02/14/2014 12:27 PM
02/14/2014 12:33 PM
Sacramento police and firefighters responded Thursday evening to a fire at a midtown home caused by the production of hashish oil, according to authorities.
A resident of the home near 24th and T streets was making the oil – concentrated cannabis – using butane, said police Officer Doug Morse. There were “high levels” of butane in the house, causing the fire, he said.
Marijuana also was found in the home, Morse said.
The resident suffered burns and was taken to a local hospital. However, his injuries were not serious, Morse said.
He has not been arrested, but Morse said it is possible he could face charges in the future.
Sacto 911 StaffBill Lindelof
More Sacto 911Crimemapper
Send news tips
Sign up for breaking news alerts
Crime Q&ASacramento Bee reporter Cathy Locke answers your questions about crime news, trends and issues. Look up specific cases using Arrest Logs and Sacramento Superior Courts case database.
Submit your question
Join the Discussion
The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.