Sierra County sheriff reopens 15-year-old missing person’s case
06/30/2014 5:41 PM
06/30/2014 5:40 PM
Sierra County Sheriff John Evans reopened a missing person’s case that has produced no leads in 15 years.
Todd E. Lucchesi, born in 1970 in Fremont, was reported missing by his family on June 1, 1999. He was visiting a family cabin in Sierra City when he disappeared, Evans said.
“Despite an exhaustive search by numerous agencies, friends, family members and citizen volunteers, no sign of Todd has been found,” he said.
Evans assigned the case to Deputy Graham Beatie, a new investigator with the rural county.
He is asking the public to report any previously unreported evidence or rekindled memory that might help solve the missing person case.
Sierra County has set up (888) 274-3743 as a toll-free telephone line where information can be left confidentially. The direct line to the sheriff’s department is (530) 289-3700.
Sacto 911 StaffBill Lindelof
More Sacto 911Crimemapper
Send news tips
Sign up for breaking news alerts
Crime Q&ASacramento Bee reporter Cathy Locke answers your questions about crime news, trends and issues. Look up specific cases using Arrest Logs and Sacramento Superior Courts case database.
Submit your question
Join the Discussion
The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.