Volunteers are needed to serve as “reading partners” with Sacramento elementary school students who struggle with reading.
Reading Partners, a national nonprofit organization that trains community volunteers to provide students with individualized reading support, seeks people willing to join in the effort. The program aims to serve more than 455 students in eight Sacramento schools, but more than 152 students are waiting to be matched with a tutor, according to a Reading Partners news release.
Volunteers are asked to commit at least one hour a week to work individually with children at one of the participating schools in Sacramento:
▪ Glenwood Elementary School, 201 Jessie Ave.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Bell Avenue Elementary School, 1900 Bell Ave.
▪ Isador Cohen Elementary School, 9025 Salmon Falls Drive
▪ Bret Harte Elementary School, 2751 Ninth St.
▪ Ethel Phillips Elementary School, 2930 21st Ave.
▪ Caroline Wenzel Elementary School, 6870 Greenhaven Drive
▪ Peter Burnett Elementary School, 6032 36th Ave.
▪ Pacific Elementary School, 6201 41st St.
For more information or to volunteer, email volunteerSAC@readingpartners.org.