The Brown administration’s recent audit of vacant state-government positions confirmed a Sacramento Bee report that departments illegally manipulate employee transfers. The audit, though, didn’t name the 10 departments reviewed.
We asked Government Operations Press Secretary Lynda Gledhill for the list. Here it is:
- Department of General Services
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
- Department of Transportation
- Department of State Hospitals
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Department of Housing and Community Development
- Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Department of Food and Agriculture
The information, though, does not tie any of the audits’ findings to specific departments. So we don’t know, for example, the identity of the two departments “where e-mails were circulated instructing staff to transfer employees into vacant positions to avoid abolishment,” according to the audit.
Call Jon Ortiz, Bee Capitol Bureau, (916) 321-1043.