With water waste on everybody’s mind in California, here are five tips for drought-conscious consumers of H2O:
▪ Turn off the water when brushing teeth and save six gallons.
▪ Only wash a full load of dishes and save eight gallons.
▪ Only wash a full load of laundry and save 16 gallons.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Reduce shower time by five minutes and save up to 25 gallons.
▪ Mulch around plants to reduce evaporation each watering and save 25 gallons.
The tips are from the California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom via the UC Cooperative Extension of Placer & Nevada counties.
Call The Bee’s Bill Lindelof, (916) 321-1079.