Thanksgiving feasters should take a moment to enjoy the pleasant weather today.
It won’t last.
A storm coming in late Friday will keep Sacramento wet through Wednesday or Thursday next week, according to the National Weather Service. Half an inch of precipitation is expected over the weekend.
High temperatures will cool to the mid-50s with the rain on Saturday, and get down to the low-50s by Sunday. The end of November is typically a period of cooling down for Sacramento, said Holly Osborne, forecaster with the National Weather Service.
Never miss a local story.
For people heading to the Sierra Nevada, snow levels will reach around 6,000 feet this weekend. Those hoping to ski may require chains, and should expect a slow journey home.
Here in Sacramento, the fine holiday weather will hold for Thanksgiving Day. With a high near 66 degrees, this Thanksgiving is 5 to 10 degrees warmer than the 30-year average for today, Osborne said.
“Go outside, take a little walk after the turkey dinner,” she said.
- Thanksgiving: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind.
- Tonight : Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night: Rain, mainly after 4am. Low around 51. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday: Rain. High near 55. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 55. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 50.
- Monday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 50.
- Tuesday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Wednesday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
Call The Bee’s Sammy Caiola, (916) 321-1636.