Nature is cause of global warming

06/01/2014 8:06 AM

06/02/2014 11:33 AM

A stream of articles in the liberal press continues to contend that manmade carbon dioxide is a pollutant and the major cause of global warming.

This is impossible since humans only emit 1.5 percent of the CO2 emitted into the air each year. Nature emits the other 98.5 percent and is without question the major cause of global warming as it has been for eons.

However, this fact continues to be hidden from readers. The breathing in of CO2 by plants is the source of all life on earth. Current levels of CO2 and average temperatures on earth are the lowest in 50 million years. Life on our planet has always thrived at higher levels of both.

-- Ed Kahl, Woodside

Editor's Choice Videos

 

Join the Discussion

The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service