10 pressing questions in the world of sports
• Among players listed strictly as centers, the Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins was leading in scoring (22.5 points) and fourth in rebounding (10.5) entering Friday’s games, so why is he 12th in frontcourt voting in the Western Conference?
• Rudy Gay has been ripped for shooting 38.8 percent for the Raptors before the Kings acquired him, but won’t he get lots of open looks when Cousins is double- and triple-teamed?
• The Kings’ Isaiah Thomas was one of the NBA’s best sixth men before becoming the starting point guard, so who will provide that spark off the bench?
• Even though Tampa Bay has won four of five, does anyone really think the Buccaneers can beat the 49ers on Sunday?
• The Raiders have lost five of six, so why are we hearing nonsense about how they will beat the Chiefs on Sunday?
• Quarterback Jameis Winston is a near lock to win the Heisman today; wouldn’t he look great in Silver and Black?
• After the Broncos lost to the Chargers on Thursday night, have the Patriots once again become the team to beat in the AFC?
• If a stadium for Sacramento Republic FC isn’t approved by Cal Expo until the end of January, can it possibly be ready for the minor-league soccer team’s first USL Pro game in April?
• Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is reportedly seeking a contract extension. How good could he be if he could stay in shape?
• If Folsom knocks off De La Salle in tonight’s NorCal Open game, will that be a bigger deal than winning a state bowl game next week?
What to do, watch
• Yes, he’s playing great
• No, he’s still not elite
• Let’s see how he does the next month or so
Friday’s poll results
• Tedy Bruschi: 26%
• Bill Cartwright: 9%
• Kevin Johnson: 25%
• Debbie Meyer: 6%
• Other: 5%