RAIDERS GAME AT GLANCE
Opponent: Kansas City
Time: 1:05 p.m.
Line: Chiefs by 5
Never miss a local story.
Records: Raiders 4-9, Chiefs 10-3
TV/radio: Ch. 13 (Ian Eagle play-by-play, Dan Fouts color), 950, 1140
MATCHUP TO WATCH
Raiders quarterback Matt McGloin vs. Chiefs safety Eric Berry
When McGloin drops back to pass, he’ll not only look for his receivers, he’ll keep an eye out for No. 29 wearing the Kansas City jersey. Berry has been a quarterback-seeking missile this season. According to Pro Football Focus, he leads all safeties with 60 or more blitz attempts– 12 more than the safety with the second-most attempts. Berry leads all safeties with 31/2 sacks and 10 hurries. McGloin has been sacked five times in four starts.
THREE KEYS TO THE GAME
• Kansas City sacked Terrelle Pryor nine times in a 24-7 victory over visiting Oakland on Oct. 13. A big reason was the absence of Raiders left tackle Jared Veldheer. He’s back today and will try to stop Tamba Hali, who had 21/2 sacks in that game.
• Will it be the Raiders’ turn to wreak havoc on Kansas City quarterback Alex Smith? This time, it’s the Chiefs who are missing their starting left tackle, Branden Albert, who has been having an outstanding season. Look for Lamarr Houston to take advantage of lightly regarded Donald Stephenson, Albert’s replacement.
• If the Raiders can apply pressure against Smith, Oakland can keep things close by containing Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles. The Raiders were able to do that in the first meeting, holding Charles to 78 yards, with his longest run only 11 yards. He did score on runs of 7 and 2 yards.
• Out: RB Darren McFadden (ankle), RB Jeremy Stewart (ankle, knee)
• Doubtful: DT Vance Walker (concussion)
• Questionable: T Khalif Barnes (knee, ankle), WR Denarius Moore (shoulder)
• Probable: G Mike Brisiel (ankle, knee), DE Jason Hunter (foot, finger), RB Rashad Jennings (concussion), TE Nick Kasa (concussion), LB Sio Moore (neck), T Tony Pashos (foot)
• Out: T Branden Albert (knee), TE Anthony Fasano (concussion, knee), LB Justin Houston (elbow), WR Dexter McCluster (ankle)
• Probable: CB Marcus Cooper (back), C Rodney Hudson (elbow), LB Nico Johnson (ankle), TE Sean McGrath (knee), CB Ron Parker (shoulder), RB Anthony Sherman (knee, ankle)
– Victor Contreras
|Sept. 8||at Indianapolis||L, 21-17|
|Sept. 15||Jacksonville||W, 19-9|
|Sept. 23||at Denver||L, 37-21|
|Sept. 29||Washington||L, 24-14|
|Oct. 6||San Diego||W, 27-17|
|Oct. 13||at Kansas City||L, 24-7|
|Oct. 27||Pittsburgh||W, 21-18|
|Nov. 3||Philadelphia||L, 49-20|
|Nov. 10||at N.Y. Giants||L, 24-20|
|Nov. 17||at Houston||W, 28-23|
|Nov. 24||Tennessee||L, 23-19|
|Nov. 28||at Dallas||L, 31-24|
|Dec. 8||at N.Y. Jets||L, 37-27|
|Today||Kansas City||1:05 p.m.|
|Dec. 22||at San Diego||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 29||Denver||1:25 p.m.|