Five lessons from last week:
• Vitali Klitschko leaves boxing for politics, and not surprisingly, there were no complaints.
• The women’s teams from the United States and Canada prove why hockey doesn’t refer to exhibition games as ‘friendlies.’
• Washington State deserves its 6-7 record following its late-game collapse and subsequent loss in the New Mexico Bowl.
• Motion sickness pills may serve coach Michael Malone well as his Kings continue their up-and-down season.
• California finds a football team that can beat De La Salle, though Northern California is still searching for one.
– Jeff Caraska