In case you missed them, here are some teachable moments from the last seven days:
▪ It’s to the NFL’s advantage to drag out its Deflategate fiasco so it can take attention away from the league’s concussion issue.
▪ The Dodgers obviously thought they were getting a middle reliever when they acquired Chase Utley.
▪ It may not be a sophomore jinx, but something is dogging Republic FC.
Never miss a local story.
▪ As hollow victories go, being relevant in a final round will have to do for Tiger Woods.
▪ Quarterback Aaron Rodgers calls a preseason game “meaningless,” proving he’s not just good at reading defenses.