▪ The Kings have lost 10 of their last 11 games and have the fourth-worst record in the Western Conference, so is it too soon for fans to start following NBA mock drafts and hoping for a top lottery pick?
▪ After losing to Dallas and Golden State by a combined 48 points this week, is principal owner Vivek Ranadive planning another shakeup of the coaching staff during the All-Star break?
▪ When Dirk Nowitzki sat out Thursday’s game, did you wonder if the Mavericks rested their power forward because they figured they didn’t really need him?
▪ During Thursday’s loss, the Kings showed a slick trailer for “Playing to Win,” a documentary about the team staying in town; shouldn’t the players take that approach on the court, too?
Never miss a local story.
▪ Clippers guard Chris Paul is being criticized for his comments after being called for a technical by referee Lauren Holtkamp in Thursday’s loss to the Cavaliers, but was he really calling out her gender when he said, refereeing in the NBA “might not be for her?”
▪ After winning 12 of their last 13 games, the Cavaliers have become media darlings again, but shouldn’t the upstart Hawks be getting more love?
▪ The 49ers have been accused of underachieving in replacing the coaching staff, so should fans fear that the team will underachieve on the field, too?
▪ Tiger Woods complained of a stiff back when he pulled out of the Farmers Insurance Open on Thursday, but did you see how comfortable he looked driving away in a Porsche?
▪ If Sacramento State wins the Big Sky men’s basketball regular-season title, will it wind up hosting the conference tournament March 12-14 at the second-place team’s arena?
▪ On the other hand, why not put a basketball court on the 50-yard line at Hornet Stadium, which could accommodate a large crowd and host daily tailgate parties?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
Horse racing, San Antonio Stakes, 2:30 p.m., FS1: California Chrome makes his 4-year-old debut at Santa Anita against rival Shared Belief.
What to do
Men’s college basketball, Portland State at Sacramento State, 2:05 p.m., the Nest: Fewer than 100 standing-room-only tickets will be available; the box office opens at 1 p.m.
Trending on Twitter
#AskSFG: Giants fans used the hashtag Friday to ask questions of their favorite players before today’s annual FanFest at AT&T Park.
On this date
2000: Tiger Woods rallies from seven strokes behind with seven holes to play at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am to win his sixth straight PGA event, the first player to do so since Ben Hogan in 1948.