After 97 minutes of scoreless soccer, Grand Canyon’s Kyle Summerhill put home a rebound off a shot stopped by Sacramento State goalkeeper Philip Bru to give the visiting Antelopes a 1-0 win on Friday, Sac State reported.
Sac State (2-3-1) lost in overtime for the first time in more than four years. The Hornets had been 11-0-16 in overtime since dropping their 2010 season opener.
Grand Canyon (2-3-0) held a 15-9 shot advantage but placed just five shots on goal.
Sac State put three tries on net and hit two posts.
• Ian Palmer netted his second goal of the year midway through the first half to give the UC Davis men an early lead, and the host Aggies (2-0-4) held a 24-8 advantage in shots but settled for a 1-1 tie with Air Force (3-0-3), according to UCD.
• The visiting UC Santa Barbara women (4-3-2) scored two second-half goals in a 2-0 victory over Sac State (4-4-0), the Hornets reported.
• The UC Davis women (3-6) had a 13-11 shot advantage over host Nevada (3-5-1) but lost 1-0, according to UCD.
Hornets lose in volleyball
• George Washington (8-3) had 16 more kills and limited Sac State (4-9) to a .078 hitting percentage on the way to a 25-18, 25-19, 25-21 volleyball victory over the Hornets in the first round of the Valparaiso (Ind.) Classic, Sac State reported.
• Valerie Brain of UC Davis posted eight kills with a .583 hitting average, and teammate Kaylin Squyres amassed match highs of 18 kills and 48 attempts, but Wyoming (10-1) claimed a 26-24, 25-16, 23-25, 25-10 volleyball victory over the Aggies (4-7) in the Hampton Inn & Suites Northern Colorado Classic in Greeley, Colo., according to UCD.
Aggies fall in field hockey
Eden Borsack and Jamie Garcia scored for the host UC Davis field hockey team (1-5) in a 5-2 loss to Cal (5-2), UCD reported.