The Bee highlights 22 golfers that are scheduled to play in the 2015 U.S. Senior Open at Del Paso Country Club on June 25-28 in Sacramento.
One of the PGA Tour’s greatest players, Tom Watson was especially dominant from 1977-82 when he posted 26 wins, 13 runner-up finishes and 10 thirds, along with being the tour’s leading money-winner four years in a row.
Watson has played in four Champions Tour events this year and finished tied for 13th at the Regions Tradition in May, his best outing of the season.
WATCH: Tom Watson birdies No. 18 at RBC Heritage
(Video courtesy www.pgatour.com/ )
- Driving distance 2015: 266.9 yards
- Scoring average 2015: 71.3
- Career Champions Tour earnings: $14,321,154
- Career highlights: 39 PGA Tour victories, 14 Champions Tour victories
Note: Stats through June 10
- Height: 5-foot-9
- Weight: 175 pounds
- Year turned pro: 1971
- Birthplace: Kansas City, Mo.
- Date of birth: Sept. 4, 1949
- College: Stanford (1971, psychology)
- Did you know? Watson led the effort to raise awareness of ALS, the disease that took the life of longtime caddie Bruce Edwards. He played in his 42nd Masters Tournament and 41st in succession in April but did not make the cut after rounds of 71 and 81.