A statistical look at the Kings’ 116-109 loss to the host Miami Heat on Thursday.
▪ 1: Rebound short Kings point guard Rajon Rondo fell from earning his fifth triple double of the season.
▪ 3: Turnovers in the first half by the Heat.
▪ 8: Minutes of playing time before Kosta Koufos picked up his third foul and sat the rest of the first half. Koufos started at center in place of DeMarcus Cousins, who was suspended for the game by the NBA.
Never miss a local story.
▪ 8: Games in which Heat center Hassan Whiteside has blocked at least four shots this season. The Kings’ second-round draft pick in 2010 has at least two in every game this season. He followed up his 10 against the Minnesota Timberwolves last game with four Thursday.
▪ 10: Different starting lineups used by the Kings in their first 13 games.
▪ 10: Consecutive points by Kings reserve guard Marco Belinelli in about two minutes starting with 4:51 left in the fourth quarter. Read more on Belinelli’s explosive potential.
▪ 11: Points by Kings rookie center Willie Cauley-Stein on 5-of-7 shooting in 22 minutes. It was his second double-digit scoring game (17 in Oct. 30 win over Los Angeles Lakers).
▪ 12: Rebounds by Rudy Gay before leaving because of a shoulder strain in the third quarter, a season high and his most since getting a dozen on Jan. 31, 2014, in a loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
▪ 14: Assists by Rondo through three quarters, marking his fifth game with at least 14 assists this season. He had seven such games all last season between Dallas and Boston.
▪ 16: Largest lead by the Heat at 97-81 and 100-84 in the fourth quarter.
▪ 18: Total assists by Rondo, his most since 19 on Dec. 2, 2014, also a loss, when he played for the Dallas Mavericks against the Atlanta Hawks.
▪ 18: Turnovers by the Kings that led to 26 Heat points.
▪ 23: Points by Belinelli, most on the team and his season high.
▪ 25: Minutes of game time Rajon Rondo went scoreless. Rondo connected on a mid-range jumper for his first points with 10:07 left in the third quarter. He finished with 14 points.
▪ 51.2: Field-goal percentage by the Kings, compared to 47.2 by the Heat.
▪ 55.0: Free-throw shooting percentage by the Kings.
▪ 375: Days between double-digit rebound games for Gay, who had only one last season with 10 on Nov. 9, 2014, in a loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Compiled by Jon Schultz