Kings vs. Lakers
- Where: Sleep Train Arena
- When: Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
- TV/radio: TNT, 950, 1140
- Records: Kings 14-21, Lakers 8-28
- 1. Attack the paint: Kings center DeMarcus Cousins is far too quick for Roy Hibbert, so Cousins should face up and drive past him as often as possible. Cousins had 35 points and 17 rebounds in Tuesday’s double-overtime loss to the Mavericks, and he could have similar numbers against the Lakers.
- 2. Rudy, Rudy, Rudy! The Kings did better getting the ball to Rudy Gay for good looks Tuesday against Dallas. Gay has a favorable matchup against the Lakers, too.
- 3. Fast start is key: A big early Sacramento lead would hurt the Lakers’ confidence. If the Kings let the Lakers stay close, they could wind up with another bad loss at home.
Larry Nance Jr.