Five players the Oakland Raiders may draft
05/07/2014 7:19 PM
05/07/2014 7:21 PM
Five players the Raiders should consider
with the No. 5 pick in the draft
Offensive tackle, Auburn
• Height/weight: 6-foot-5, 332 pounds
• Comment: He is regarded as a potential All-Pro and cornerstone lineman, though he isn’t as polished as other top offensive tackle prospects.
Wide receiver, Texas A&M
• Height/weight: 6-5, 225
• Comment: Evans is much taller and heavier than Watkins, just not as fast and explosive; considered every bit as solid a prospect as Watkins.
Defensive end, South Carolina
• Height/weight: 6-5, 266
• Comment: He has a rare combination of size, speed, strength and playmaking ability; his name surfaces most often in conversations about who will go No. 1 overall.
Quarterback, Texas A&M
• Height/weight: 6-0, 207
• Comment: He lacks ideal height and size for a quarterback, in the eyes of some talent evaluators, but he proved durable, effective and dynamic in college; compared to NFL Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton.
Cornerback, Oklahoma State
• Height/weight: 6-0, 202
• Comment: He is fast, has decent size for a cornerback and is versatile. He is the consensus top cornerback in the draft and has the ability to be a team’s No. 1 cornerback and succeed in any coverage.
– Contra Costa Times
Join the Discussion
The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.