▪ Opponent: at Denver Broncos
▪ Time: 1:25 p.m.
▪ Line: Broncos by 14
Never miss a local story.
▪ Records: Raiders 3-12, Broncos 11-4
▪ TV/radio: Ch. 13 (Greg Gumbel, Trent Green), 1140
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH
Quarterback Peyton Manning has looked unsettled since the Broncos downshifted their high-octane offense to work on their ground game. He’s thrown just five touchdown passes with sixinterceptions in the last four games. The problem isn’t his health, and age isn’t catching up with him; defenses are.
CARR REVVING UP
The Raiders may be in the coaching market, but they’ve found their field general in rookie Derek Carr, who’s getting on-the-job training. He’s thrown 20 touchdown passes with 11 interceptions. He will become the first Raiders quarterback to start all 16 games in a season since Rich Gannon in 2002.
A victory would give Denver the No. 2 seed in the AFC and a first-round playoff bye, which the Broncos really need considering their bye week was in September. Plus, that would give Brandon Marshall (foot) another week to heal. He leads the team with 113 tackles but will miss his second straight game today.
Oakland has beaten the Chiefs, 49ers and Bills, but those games were at home. They’ve lost 10 straight on the road since a 28-23 victory in Houston on Nov. 17, 2013.
Raiders rookie Khalil Mack has started to get sacks to go with his pressures. “He’ll be one of the top players in this league, no doubt in my mind,” Carr said. “That guy is the absolute beast, an absolute monster. He’s a guy who will win MVP awards.”
The Associated Press
▪ Out: CB T.J. Carrie (ankle), WR Vincent Brown (groin), CB Chimdi Chekwa (hamstring), WR Denarius Moore (knee/ankle)
▪ Questionable: LB Khalil Mack (hamstring), T Menelik Watson (foot/ankle)
▪ Probable: DB Ras-I Dowling (hamstring)
▪ Out: LB Brandon Marshall, (foot)
▪ Questionable: T Paul Cornick (toe), WR Emmanuel Sanders (hip), S T.J. Ward (neck)
▪ Probable: RB C.J. Anderson (ankle), LB Lamin Barrow (illness), S David Bruton Jr. (calf), T Ryan Clady (thigh), T Chris Clark (back), RB Ronnie Hillman (foot), QB Peyton Manning (thigh), C Will Montgomery (knee), C Manny Ramirez (illness), TE Jacob Tamme (foot), WR Demaryius Thomas (ankle/hip), TE Julius Thomas (ankle), RB Juwan Thompson (hip/knee), DT Mitch Unrein (illness), DB Kayvon Webster (shoulder), DE Derek Wolfe (knee)
at N.Y. Jets
at New England
vs. Miami (London)
vs. San Diego
at San Diego
at St. Louis
at Kansas City