Never miss a local story.
Yes, the 49ers are on a roll and are better-equipped than ever for the Seahawks’ formidable defense. But Seattle’s home-field advantage is worth 10 points minimum, and the 49ers didn’t come close to that in their past two visits.
• 49ers 20, Seahawks 17: The 49ers’ offensive line will dominate, Frank Gore will have a big day and Colin Kaepernick will be unspectacular but steady.
•Seahawks 20, 49ers 17:
Seattle’s offense won’t score against the 49ers, but its defense will get two touchdowns, and two field goals by Steven Hauschka – 36 of 38 this season – will be the difference.
Deputy Sports Editor
• 49ers 24, Seahawks 21: After agonizing losses in the NFC Championship Game two years ago and the Super Bowl last season, there’s a sense the 49ers are on a quest to finish what they started. Logic says Seattle, but the 49ers will find a way to pull off the upset.
• 49ers 16, Seahawks 13: Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers’ offense will commit no more than one turnover, and that will be the difference this time, with San Francisco making one more stop than the Seahawks in a defensive struggle.
Tacoma News Tribune
• Seahawks 23, 49ers 20: The 49ers are playing better now, but the Seahawks are playing with the strongest home-crowd advantage since the USA “Miracle on Ice” hockey team won the 1980 gold medal at Lake Placid.
• Seahawks 17, 49ers 16: This game looks even in just about every way on paper. The difference: Seattle is just too tough to beat at home.
• Seahawks 20, 49ers 19: In a classic game, Russell Wilson will be a tad more efficient than Colin Kaepernick, and that will be the difference.
• Seahawks 17, 49ers 13: Sure, the play of Seattle’s offense lately is a reason for some angst. And the 49ers are an experienced group (this is their third straight conference title game) and on a roll. But this is what the Seahawks wanted – a home conference title game – and the CenturyLink crowd should be enough one more time.
• 49ers 27, Seahawks 24: This game should go down to the wire, but the 49ers are playing slightly better than the Seahawks now – enough to overcome Seattle’s home-field advantage. Barely.
Sacbee.com poll results
(Through xx p.m. Saturday)
Which team will win the NFC Championship Game?
• 49ers, by 3 points or less: 31%
• 49ers, by more than 3 points: 46%
• Seahawks, by 3 points or less: 3%
• Seahawks, by more than 3 points: 20%
Total votes: 95