▪ Opponent: at Seattle
▪ Time: 1:25 p.m.
▪ Line: Seahawks by 9
▪ Records: 49ers 7-6, Seahawks 9-4
▪ TV/Radio: FOX40 (Joe Buck, Troy Aikman), 680, 1320
FIVE PLAYERS TO WATCH
QB Colin Kaepernick
The 49ers quarterback had a rough two-game stretch last year against Seattle and Indianapolis, but was able to bust out of it with a solid effort against St. Louis. Kaepernick is in a similar funk now. But breaking it will be difficult in a stadium in which he has thrown six interceptions against only two touchdowns over his career.
RB Frank Gore
Gore averaged an impressive 5.3 yards a carry last week in Oakland but had only 12 carries in the game. He is on pace to finish the season with 954 yards. It would mark the first time a healthy Gore has failed to reach the 1,000-yard mark since he became the team’s starter in 2006.
LB Chris Borland
The inside linebacker had a lot of tackles when the 49ers and Seahawks met on Thanksgiving. But Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch also had 104 rushing yards, and Borland admitted afterward that he’d never dealt with a big-bodied running back who accelerates through tackles like Lynch. The rematch should be interesting.
NT Quinton Dial
The Seahawks are one of the few teams in the NFL that run more than they pass. That distinction means Dial is likely to see a lot of snaps in the 49ers’ base defense. He played a season-high 43 snaps in the teams’ Week 13 contest. He needs to keep blockers away from Borland and the other 49ers defenders playing behind him.
P Andy Lee
A bright spot in last week’s loss to the Raiders? How about Lee, who boomed a 63-yarder and who averaged 52.5 yards per attempt? Lee is back to his Pro Bowl form after battling an ankle injury early in the season. He promises to be an asset in what could be another defensive battle between the two teams.
▪ Out: LB NaVorro Bowman (knee), T Anthony Davis (concussion), DT Glenn Dorsey (forearm), WR Stevie Johnson (knee).
▪ Questionable: CB Tramaine Brock (hamstring), CB Chris Culliver (knee), C Marcus Martin (knee), S Bubba Ventrone (groin).
▪ Probable: G Mike Iupati (elbow), DT Ray McDonald (finger), DT Justin Smith (back).
▪ Out: DE Demarcus Dobbs (ankle).
▪ Doubtful: C Max Unger (knee, ankle).
▪ Questionable: TE Cooper Helfet (ankle).
▪ Probable: CB Jeremy Lane (glute), RB Marshawn Lynch (back).
vs. Kansas City
at St. Louis
vs. St. Louis
at New Orleans
W, 27-24 (OT)
at N.Y. Giants
vs. San Diego