River Cats glance: Walsh returns, homers twice in Cats’ win
06/04/2014 12:00 AM
06/03/2014 11:03 PM
WALSH RETURNS, HOMERS TWICE IN CATS’ WIN
• Highlight: Playing in just his fourth Triple-A game, second baseman Colin Walsh went 4 for 4 with two home runs, a double and three RBIs in the River Cats’ 7-5 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Tuesday at Chukchansi Park. “It was good, it was my first game in nine or 10 days, so I wanted to get my timing back,” Walsh told milb.com.
• From Cardinals to Cats: Walsh was signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as a 13th-round pick in the 2010 draft. He was released by the organization this spring before signing with the A’s. He was promoted to the Cats following 24 games with Double-A Midland but was put on the disabled list eight days later with a sore hamstring.
• Take a bow: Shane Peterson had three hits, including a home run, and three RBIs for the River Cats. Nate Freiman had two hits, including a double. Jose Martinez and Ryan Ortiz also had two hits each.
• Straily resilient: Dan Straily improved to 3-0 for the River Cats despite giving up six hits, including two home runs. He struck out seven in six innings.
• Today: River Cats RHP Josh Lindblom (2-3, 6.88 ERA) vs. Salt Lake LHP Hector Santiago (0-1, 6.75), 6:05 p.m., Smith’s Ballpark, Salt Lake City.
River Cats 7, Grizzlies 5
E–Ciriaco (3). LOB–RIVER CATS 9; Fresno 6. 2B–Walsh (2); Freiman (17); Peterson (12); Quiroz (5); Panik (9); Minicozzi (6); C.Dominguez (10). HR–Peterson (4) off Berken; Walsh 2 (2) off Berken; Minicozzi (3) off Straily; Duvall (17) off Straily. RBIs–Peterson 3 (29), Walsh 3 (6), Ortiz (13); Minicozzi 2 (19), Panik (33), Duvall (46), C.Dominguez (38). CS–C.Dominguez (4).
Inherited runners-scored–Savery 1-0.
Join the Discussion
The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.