• Republic FC aims to join Major League Soccer, but how much of a public subsidy would be needed to build a stadium?
• With the city of Sacramento committed to providing $254 million toward a new basketball arena, can it find more money to help land an MLS team?
Never miss a local story.
• Republic FC sold out three of four games at 20,231-seat Hughes Stadium, so how many seats should be in an MLS stadium?
• Sure, it’s only summer league, but doesn’t Kings rookie guard Nik Stauskas look better than you thought?
• The Kings have taken a lot of heat for letting point guard Isaiah Thomas go, but is he really worth the $27 million over four seasons the Suns will pay him?
• Josh Smith – why?
• With LeBron James going home to Cleveland, will Miami’s Erik Spoelstra still be considered a top NBA coach?
• If the Cavaliers swing a deal for All-Star forward Kevin Love, will anyone be able to beat them in the Eastern Conference?
• When Tiger Woods got angry at photographers on the 18th hole in the opening round of the British Open on Thursday, did you figure he must be feeling pretty good again?
• It’s July 19; isn’t it time for some football?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
Golf, American Century Classic, noon, Ch. 3: Watch some of your favorite athletes hack away at Edgewood Tahoe.
What to do
Baseball, Baltimore at A’s, 6:05 p.m., O.co Coliseum: Newcomer Jason Hammel is expected to start for the A.L. West leaders against the A.L. East leaders.
Do you support a public subsidy for a soccer stadium in Sacramento?
• Yes, it would be great to have an MLS team.
• Yes, but only if the team’s owners pay their share.
• No, enough with the handouts.
To vote, go to sacbee.com/sports
Who will win more games this season ?
• A’s: 85%
• Giants: 15%
Total votes: 100
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for email alerts for breaking sports stories: www.sacbee.com/email