▪ After the Giants knocked off the Nationals in four games in the National League Division Series, did you figure it must be their “even year” – again?
▪ With the Giants playing the Cardinals in the N.L. Championship Series again, have the Cardinals become the Giants’ top rival other than the Dodgers?
▪ Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Tim Lincecum will be on the NLCS roster, but will the two-time Cy Young Award winner make an appearance?
▪ In the ALCS between the Orioles and the Royals, will Baltimore’s long-ball offense beat Kansas City’s small-ball approach?
▪ If rookie Nik Stauskas continues to shoot as well as he did in the Kings’ first two preseason games (9 of 14, 4 of 7 from three-point range), should he start on opening night?
▪ When Chris Bosh warned Kevin Love about how difficult it will be to play with LeBron James, did you wonder if Bosh has been warned how difficult it will be to play without James?
▪ If the 49ers win the next few games, will the reports that coach Jim Harbaugh has “lost” the locker room stop?
▪ Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said an NFL team is “highly likely” to move to L.A. in the next year. But where would it play – the Rose Bowl, Coliseum or Dodger Stadium – until a new stadium is built?
▪ If the Raiders move back to L.A. and into the NFC West, will that make their two games each season against the 49ers one of the NFL’s best rivalries?
▪ Cal is in first place in the Pacific-12 Conference North Division; are you shocked, too?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
College football, Washington at Cal, 3 p.m., Pac-12 Network: See why the Bears are 4-1 overall and 2-1 in the conference.
Friday’s poll results
Have you been watching the baseball playoffs?
▪ Yes, I can’t get enough: 19%
▪ Yes, when I can find the games: 20%
▪ Yes, but only the Giants: 31%
▪ I don’t like baseball: 28%
Total votes: 208