▪ The Giants’ Madison Bumgarner was named MVP of the National League Championship Series, but what about Travis Ishikawa?
▪ Bumgarner pitched two superb games and had a 1.72 ERA against the Cardinals, but where would the Giants be without Ishikawa’s three-run triple in Game 3 and three-run homer in Game 5?
▪ Beyond Bumgarner and Ishikawa, what about Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval, who batted .400 and had a critical defensive stop in the Game 3 victory?
▪ And if the award was for Most Valuable Person, should Giants manager Bruce Bochy be the winner?
Never miss a local story.
▪ During the postgame interview Thursday, should Buster Posey’s wife have taken issue with Erin Andrews for telling their 3-year-old son to “get it together?”
▪ If the surprising Giants can win another World Series, how about the Kings making the playoffs?
▪ The 49ers’ defense has allowed the second-fewest yards (287.2) and points (207.3); how good will they be when NaVorro Bowman and Aldon Smith return?
▪ When the Broncos’ Peyton Manning becomes the career leader in touchdown passes, will he be considered the greatest quarterback of all time?
▪ Both are undefeated and a win for either would be huge in their pursuit of college football’s first playoffs, but will any fans outside Tallahassee, Fla., root for the No. 2 Seminoles over No. 5 Notre Dame?
▪ With all the NASCAR fisticuffs last week, will Sunday’s restrictor plate race at Talladega Superspeedway unleash more of the same?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
College football, Notre Dame at Florida State, 5 p.m., Ch. 10: The winner takes a major step toward the playoffs.
Should the Giants re-sign Sergio Romo?
▪ Yes, he’s still a good relief pitcher: 71%
▪ No, he can’t get the big outs: 28%
Total votes: 281