▪ If the Kings win at least two of the four games on their current trip and come home 6-3 or better, will it be too early to start thinking about the playoffs?
▪ Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has been on his best behavior, but do you also wonder how long he will be able to put up with being antagonized?
▪ The Kings have been in search of a “leader” for years; have they found one in forward Rudy Gay?
▪ Speaking of leaders, how impressed are you with new point guard Darren Collison?
Never miss a local story.
▪ Frank Gore proclaimed this week: “We’re going to the playoffs.” Wouldn’t the 49ers have a better shot if coach Jim Harbaugh used the veteran running back more?
▪ If the 49ers lose to the Saints on Sunday – they’re four-point underdogs – and drop to 4-5, how realistic are their playoff chances?
▪ With remaining games against the Broncos (two), Chargers, Chiefs (two), Rams, 49ers and Bills, is it likely the Raiders will go 0-16 this season?
▪ If the Raiders fail to win a game, will that help or hurt their chances of landing a new stadium deal in Oakland?
▪ Pablo Sandoval had another solid season – followed by a record-setting postseason – but is he worth the reported $20 million or more per year the Giants would need to pay to keep him?
▪ After quarterback Brian Hoyer led the Cleveland Browns to a convincing 24-3 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, did you also ask, “Johnny who?”
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
College football, Alabama at LSU, 5 p.m., Ch. 13: Will the Tide move into the national playoffs picture with a convincing victory on the road?
Do you like all the
shortened names used
▪ Yes, it adds to the fun of the game: 39%
▪ No, it’s not Little
Total votes: 61