You are already logged in to sacbee.com
Click here to visit the Sacbee.com homepage.
Your sacbee.com account is useful for managing your newsletter subscriptions, commenting, adding events, and uploading photographs.
A Press+ account grants paid subscribers access to Sacramento Bee Plus digital products. http://www.sacbee.com/plus
This page requires you to be logged into sacbee.com.
New to Sac Bee?
Our registration is FAST and FREE
Forgot My Username/Password
If you've forgotten your username or password, simply provide your username or email.
Your username and password will be sent to the email address we have on file.
Locate Your Sacbee.com Account
You can locate your Sacbee.com account using your print subscription information! Below are the 4 available methods...
- Combination of last name and street address
- Phone number with area code
- External ID provided by The Sacramento Bee
- E-mail address associated with the registered account
Option 2 - Phone Number With Area Code
Option 3 - External ID
Option 4 - E-mail Address
Register With Sacbee.com
Get access to content and features available to members only!
Child Protection Policy
www.sacbee.com is particularly concerned with providing a safe online environment for children. Children under the age 13 will not be allowed to register and become a member of www.sacbee.com in order to access general www.sacbee.com content, features and services.
In the future, parents and legal guardians of children under age 13 who register are able to establish a member account for their child by accessing the Member Center. Other areas and services operated by www.sacbee.com that do not require registration but that ask for Personally Identifiable Information from children under age 13 will require a parental consent before collecting the information. The Sacramento Bee does not ask children under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion. Further, we limit most of our contests to people who are at least 18 years of age, making children ineligible to enter.
Parental consent to allow registration and collect information about children can be provided by faxing or mailing a copy of the completed Parental Consent Form, including your signature, to the address or facsimile number provided on the Parental Consent Form. This form will be available in applicable areas of our site.
www.sacbee.com will not knowingly disclose personal information about users under the age of 13 without prior parental or legal guardian consent, except as required by law. If for any reason you wish to access, update or remove information about your child that has been previously provided to www.sacbee.com, you may call us at (916) 321-1000 or e-mail us.
www.sacbee.com strongly recommends parental supervision when a child uses the Internet, particularly when a child enters a forum or uses e-mail. We also encourage parents to instruct their children not to give out personal information in these areas.
Terms Of Service
Effective Oct. 14, 2005
Welcome to www.sacbee.com, a news, information and communication service available on the Internet's World Wide Web. The service combines much of The Sacramento Bee newspaper with additional material available only on www.sacbee.com. Both The Sacramento Bee and www.sacbee.com are divisions of McClatchy Newspapers, Inc., a subsidiary of The McClatchy Company.
At this time, there is no cost for using the basic or premium services of www.sacbee.com. From time to time there may be premium content available via subscription or surcharge, and those areas will be clearly marked. Because this is an advertising-supported service, we encourage you to patronize the advertisers that help to make this service possible.
The Sacramento Bee'- electronic archives carry a fee per full-text article downloaded. Note that many news articles remain available for several- days in the pages of www.sacbee.com. Additional information, including credt card information, may be required to complete this purchase.
Copyrights and trademarks
Material published on www.sacbee.com, including articles, photos, graphics, bulletin board postings, audio and video clips, and other content, is copyrighted by The Sacramento Bee, or by other information providers who have licensed their content for use on www.sacbee.com. Additionally, the entire content of www.sacbee.com is also copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws; the owner of the collective work is The Sacramento Bee. You cannot reproduce, republish or redistribute material from The Sacramento Bee, the Associated Press and other news services and syndicates in any way without the written consent of the copyright owner.
You may, however, electronically store a reasonable portion of www.sacbee.com content for your personal, non-commercial use by making a single electronic copy on your computer's hard drive, a single copy on a disk or other media or a single copy in printed form. You agree, however, that you will not store or archive a significant portion of the content or create a database using the content.
These rules also apply:
- You will not in any way violate the intellectual property laws protecting the content accessible through www.sacbee.com. This means you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or display the content, including logos, trademarks or service marks, or otherwise violate the proprietary rights of www.sacbee.com or others.
- You will not reuse, republish or otherwise distribute the content or any modified or altered versions of it, whether over the Internet or otherwise, and whether or not for payment, without the express written permission of The Sacramento Bee or a third-party copyright holder.
- You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by The Sacramento Bee related to an investigation of infringement of copyright or other proprietary right.
To obtain permission to reuse or republish any material copyrighted by The Sacramento Bee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sacramento Bee cannot grant permission to reuse or republish material from other information providers, such as the Associated Press or New York Times News Service. Please contact them directly.
Member Content is any information, including photographs, you provide to us or other users in the registration process, in any public message area (including the forums area) or through any e-mail feature. You are solely responsible for Member Content, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Member Content. Member Content must conform to the guidelines set forth under Community Publishing Guidelines below. www.sacbee.com reserves the right to remove any material that it believes may violate these Terms or Use, or any copyright or third-party rights.
The Sacramento Bee, www.sacbee.com and its logos are registered service marks or trademarks.
By submitting any content to www.sacbee.com, including photographs, you automatically grant The Sacramento Bee and www.sacbee.com a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such content, for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without any payment to you, in any type of media or in any form now known or later developed. In addition, you automatically waive and give up any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way www.sacbee.com uses such content.
Community Publishing Guidelines
www.sacbee.com encourages a free and open exchange of ideas in a climate of mutual respect. www.sacbee.com welcomes your participation in our online discussion and comment posting systems. We hope these forums offer you the chance to interact with our writers and each other. In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you follow these minimal rules. These rules are only a minimum; in addition to complying with these rules, we ask that you also exercise common sense and generally be considerate toward your fellow users. By participating either in our online discussion and comment posting systems, you are consenting to these rules.
1. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post. You will not knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party and that you will remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you may not post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party's right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify The Sacramento Bee, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
2. You understand and agree that www.sacbee.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. You further understand that www.sacbee.com does not and cannot review all content prior to its posting. Keep in mind that more than likely you will read a post before www.sacbee.com staff. Nevertheless, www.sacbee.com may monitor the discussion forums as it chooses and reserves the right (but assumes no obligations) to remove, edit or otherwise alter content that it deems inappropriate for any reason without obtaining anyone’s consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content in our discussion forums.
3. You understand and agree that these discussion forums are to be used only for noncommercial purposes. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in non-commercial activity in our discussion forums.
4. The discussion forums are for text only. Use of graphics and audio is not appropriate.
5. You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums at your own risk. www.sacbee.com is not in any manner endorsing the content of the discussion groups and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
6. For any content that you post, you hereby grant to www.sacbee.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
To register a complaint about another user's conduct, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com, or write to Customer Service, www.sacbee.com, [-YOUR_ADDRESS-].
Children's use of www.sacbee.com
Other services and information providers accessible through www.sacbee.com have their own policies about children's privacy, and you should contact them directly for their policies.
www.sacbee.com strongly recommends that parents supervise the use of the Internet by their children. A number of commercial products are available to help limit access to material on the Internet that you may consider harmful or inappropriate for your child.
While www.sacbee.com strives for accuracy, it does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information or database on our service. Nor does www.sacbee.com guarantee or warrant that any files available for downloading will be free of defects. Neither The Sacramento Bee nor any of its information providers shall be liable in any way to you or the other parties for delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the material published in www.sacbee.com.
While we take reasonable steps to ensure that no viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive properties are present, the entire risk as to the quality and performance of www.sacbee.com and the accuracy and completeness of any information is with the user of our service.
Likewise, www.sacbee.com does not warrant that our service will be uninterrupted or error-free. www.sacbee.com makes no warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose any information published on the www.sacbee.com Web site or any products or services sold through the www.sacbee.com Web site.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed on www.sacbee.com bulletin boards represent the individual's own views and not necessarily those of www.sacbee.com. www.sacbee.com does not endorse and is not responsible for statements, advice and opinions made by anyone other than authorized www.sacbee.com spokespersons.
Any investment decisions or other actions that users take based on information available on www.sacbee.com should first be reviewed by a competent financial adviser or other professional.
THE www.sacbee.com SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR PRODUCT ON OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY LINK TO ANOTHER WEB SITE OR RESOURCE).
In no event will www.sacbee.com be liable for (i) any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use www.sacbee.com, or any information or services provided on www.sacbee.com, even if www.sacbee.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on www.sacbee.com.
This Agreement between The The Sacramento Bee and its users will be governed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Alaska, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any action brought in connection with this Agreement shall be filed within one year of the date of the alleged injury, regardless of any statute of limitations, and filed in the Superior Court for the State of Alaska, Third Judicial District at Anchorage.
The Sacramento Bee offices are located at The Sacramento Bee [-YOUR_ADDRESS-]
Questions and comments about www.sacbee.com
We hope you enjoy using www.sacbee.com. Questions and comments about the content of www.sacbee.com may be sent by submitting an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We read all comments sent to us and try to respond to as many as possible. Technical questions regarding your software, your configuration or your connection should be directed to your Internet access provider. www.sacbee.com cannot address questions except those specifically about content and services that we provide.
© Copyright 2005, The The Sacramento Bee