Well, it was all for charity, so race times don't really matter. Right, boss? I mean, you're not gonna make me put our actual times in the (cough) "Celebrity Media Challenge" at this morning's Run to Feed the Hungry.
Uh, turns out, yes.
Some of us did better than others.
Bee TV columnist Rick Kushman (left) won his age group (50-55) with a time of 37:15. So much for the TV-critic-as-couch-potato cliche.
Other results for media team members in the 10K:
* Bee political columnist Dan Weintraub: 37:59
* Yours truly, Bee media writer Sam McManis: 40:51
* Y92.5 DJ Paul Robins: 53:29
* Bee staff writer Mary Lynne Villenga: 55:52
* Channel 13/31 anchor Stefanie Cruz: 56:17
And in the 5K:
* Channel 3 and KFBK's Kelly Brothers: 27:08
* Channel 13/31 anchor Michele Kane: 32:12
* Channel 13/31 anchor Lisa Gonzales: 32:40
Other media notables - not on the official team but impressive finishers nonetheless in the 10K:
* Bee political writer Kevin Yamamura: 38:53
* Bee assistant managing editor Scott Lebar: 42:39
* Clear Channel Radio Sacramento General Manager Jeff Holden: 53:56
* Former Channel 3 news director Dan Weiser: 58:32