Iced-dyed pillowcases; do this craft on a windless day.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
– Disposable roasting pan
– Rack that fits in the pan
– White pillowcase
– Plastic gloves
– Powdered fabric dye (we like iDye, available at Joann.com)
1. Working outside, spread newspapers under pan; place rack inside it. Soak pillowcase in water.
2. Squeeze out excess water and lay it on top of rack. Cover pillowcase with ice.
3. Wearing gloves, sprinkle
1 teaspoon dye over ice. It will spread. If using several colors, sprinkle in separate areas.
4. Allow ice to melt completely. Rinse pillowcase in cool water until the water runs clear. Let dry and iron flat.