Really, now: $350 for a pair of sunglasses? Really? Yes. Any cyclist or runner can tell you that these aren’t your ordinary sports sunglasses. In addition to the wraparound lenses, they are so lightweight you barely feel like you’re wearing anything on your face. There are adjustable nose pads and temple tips to secure the fit on bumpy terrain.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• ClipSee (hands-free phone device)
When you’re on the road and a call comes in, how many times have you fumbled to put an ear bud in place or sync the phone with your Bluetooth, almost resulting in a swerving freeway accident? Maybe it’s just me. Anyway, this iPhone amplification device, which promises three times the loudness of car-synced systems, clips onto your seat belt and its speakerphone is built to snuff out ambient sounds. It requires no batteries, wire or headset.
• “ The Science of Running: How to Find Your Limit and Train to Maximize Your Performance,” by Steve Magness
Hard-core runners will learn a lot from this book, which marries exercise science with practical ways to get faster. Not meant for novices, “The Science of Running” nonetheless can help dedicated age-group runners as well as elites and sub-elites. Magness is an exercise physiologist and cross country and track coach at the University of Houston with the ability to present information on subjects like VO2 Max in an understandable manner. And what is VO2 Max? Buy the book.
• “The 25 Best Beaches in the World”
A luxury travel blog called, aluxurytravelblog.com, has selected the top beaches, and only two from the U.S. (both in Hawaii) made the list. Here’s the top 10:
1. Baia do Sancho: Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach (Playa Flamenco): Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach: Lampedusa, Islands of Sicily
5. Whitehaven Beach: Whitsunday Island, Whitsunday Islands
6. Playa de ses Illetes: Formentera, Balearic Islands
7. Anse Lazio: Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach: Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay: Swansea, United Kingdom
10. Playa Norte: Isla Mujeres
Teresa Delfin (@expectadventure): “Airport security in flip-flops. What was I thinking? I literally just slathered my feet with anti-bacterial gel. #travelfail or #travelsave?”
Compiled by Sam McManis, email@example.com