Ready to make your farmers’ market visits more than just a Sunday-under-the-freeway thing?
You’re in luck.
Weekday downtown certified farmers’ markets are back and ready for business starting today.
Markets are open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and “offer shoppers the finest fruits, vegetables, baked goods, flowers, herbs and cheeses,” according to Downtown Sacramento Partnership, which has also put together helpful tips for a more fruitful ( ahem) shopping excursion (example: “Smaller bills and exact change are greatly appreciated by farmers and their employees”).
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
Here’s a list of market location and dates:
• Fremont Park, 16th and P streets, May 6 – Sept. 23
• Roosevelt Park, 10th and P streets, May 6 – Sept. 23
• Cesar Chavez Park, 10th and J streets, May 7 – Oct. 29
• Capitol Mall, 6th Street and Capitol, May 8 – Sept. 25
• Capitol Park, 15th and L streets, May 8 – Sept. 25
More information: (916) 442-8575