Woo-hoo! Soon Sacramento will show some spirit for the seventh incarnation of Midtown Cocktail Week, which breaks the seal Tuesday and sips its way through Aug. 24.
The most important thing to know about it is the agenda of official events (see the website for pop-up happenings). The second key piece of info is this shot from the organizers: “All events are for guests 21 and older. A valid state ID will be required for admission to any event.”
Tickets and information: www.midtowncocktailweek.org, (916) 596-1952.
• Cocktail Competition, 6-9 p.m. Tuesday at Harlow’s, 2708 J St., (916) 441-4693, $15: Batched cocktails will be on the menu, tasted by you and judged by a trio of “industry leaders.” Cover band Apple Z will rock.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Just Chill: A Spirited Snow Cone Party, 6-9 p.m. Wednesday at Centro, 2730 J St., (916) 442-2552; free admission: Infused tequilas will be poured into frosty snow cones. Feel the burn while chilling.
• Amaro Tomorrow, 6-9 p.m. Thursday at Shady Lady, 1409 R St., (916) 231-9121; free admission: Antipasti will team with amari-based cocktails. Amari (the plural of “amaro”) are bitter Italian liqueurs usually served as digestifs, and include Campari, Fernet and Averna.
• Bright Lights, Big City, 6-9 p.m. Friday at Grange in the Citizen Hotel, 926 J St., (916) 492-4450; free admission: Small plates will match with an array of craft cocktails and live music. Dance to tunes by Happy Fangs, DJ Katz and the Satin Dollz.
• Big Ole Roundup, 6-9 p.m. Saturday at Goldfield Trading Post, 1630 J St., (916) 441-4340; free admission: The country-themed bar-restaurant will serve bourbon-based drinks and appetizers, with honky-tonk music.
• Island Summer Nights, 1-4 p.m. Aug. 24 at Crawdad’s River Cantina, 1375 Garden Highway, (916) 929-2268; free admission: Midtown Cocktail Week closes with tiki cocktails, island-inspired bites and live music.