Fire and hazardous materials crews determined diesel exhaust from a generator at the UC Davis Medical was the source of a gaseous odor that prompted the evacuation of the facility Wednesday morning, said Chris Harvey, a Sacramento Fire Department spokesman.
No one was injured in the incident, though two people initially complained of headaches. They later declined transportation to the emergency room after reporting feeling better.
The department announced the evacuations at 11:22 a.m. in a Twitter post, saying Sacramento Fire Department and hazardous materials crews were working with maintenance personnel to pinpoint the problem. Evacuations were lifted about an hour later.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.