The Merced Multicultural Arts Center is gearing up for summer by putting together a diverse selection of classes for people of all ages.
Summer session classes are scheduled for June 16 through Aug. 22 at the center, 645 W. Main St., Merced.
Registration for the classes has already begun. The following is a listing of summer classes at the arts center, according to a schedule submitted by its staff. For prices and registration information call (209) 388-1090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• Li’l Leonardos: Beginning art instruction covers the basic mediums: clay, paint, drawing, crafts; ages 5-7; $50 per eight-week program.
• Gallery Kids: Beginning art instruction covers the basic mediums: clay, paint, drawing, crafts; ages 8-11; $50 per eight week program.
• Comic Books for Kids: Students will learn the art of visual storytelling. Each student will create their own comic book, learning about story and character development, in addition to drawing skills. Ages 8-11; $50 per eight-week program.
• Digital Art for Kids: Students will learn to use digital art software to paint, draw, and manipulate photos; ages 8-11; $50 per eight-week program.
• Digital Photography for Kids: Students will learn the basics of how to use their digital cameras and take better photos; ages 8-11; $50 per eight-week program.
• Digital Photography: Basics of how to use a digital camera and take better photos, $50 per eight-week program.
• Oil Painting: Learn the essential concepts and techniques of oil painting and create your own work of art; $50 per eight-week program.
• Printmaking: Students will learn the skills and technologies of block/linocut and monoprint, and how to use a printing press; $50 per eight-week program.
Summer dance camp
In partnership with Division (a UC Merced organization), the Merced Multicultural Arts Center presents a summer dance camp covering a variety of styles of urban dance. Guest instructors from around the globe will be here to train students in the techniques used by professional dancers.