Torrid, the California-based women’s apparel retailer specializing in sizes 10 to 30, opened its fourth Sacramento-area store May 30 at the Palladio at Broadstone shopping complex in Folsom.
Torrid also has stores at Sacramento’s Arden Fair mall, Westfield Galleria at Roseville and Sunrise Mall in Citrus Heights.
The retailer stocks all manner of plus-size apparel, from jeans to dresses to lingerie.
Since 2015, Torrid’s annual nationwide model search has drawn applications from tens of thousands of store customers.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
Industry-based Torrid began operations in 2001 and now oversees more than 400 stores nationwide.
For more information, see torrid.com.
- Rockin’ Jump, 384 N. Sunrise Ave., Roseville: The 25,046-square foot trampoline park opened in late May and features numerous physical activities/games for kids and adults. The site also hosts birthday parties and other special events.
- Tim’s Music, 6818 Fair Oaks Blvd., Carmichael: The longtime provider of musical instruments, instruction and repair services to Sacramento-area bands and individual musicians completed its extended move to larger facilities on June 3.
- Rita’s Italian Ice, 8519 Bond Road, Suite 102, in the Elk Grove Marketplace, Elk Grove: After a soft opening in mid-spring, franchisees Michelle and Steven Stansberry hosted formal grand-opening festivities on June 3. The Pennsylvania-based chain bills itself as the world’s largest Italian ice concept with more than 600 stores in 30 states and five countries.
- Pedego Electric Bikes, 150 Natoma Station Drive, Unit 600, Folsom: The Practical Cycle Transportation Co. celebrated the grand opening of Pedego’s 97th store worldwide on Friday.
- Roxie Deli & Barbecue, 1800 15th St., Sacramento: The made-to-order sandwich specialist closed doors just after the third anniversary of its May 1, 2015, opening along the R Street Corridor.
- Nido, 1409 R St., Sacramento: Taking over the former Magpie Café space in 2015, the counter-service, baked goods-touting Nido eatery officially closed doors via a Facebook post on June 1.
Open & Shuttered, a rundown of recently opened and closed businesses in the Sacramento area, will appear periodically in The Bee's Sunday Business section.