Sunny day for Sacramento
After stormy weather Friday night, Sacramento will enjoy mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 89 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. South wind is expected to reach 6 to 9 mph.
Pride Festival on Capitol Mall
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Sacramento Bee
The Sacramento Pride Festival will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today on Capitol Mall. The event will feature a parade, live entertainment on two stages, including headline act Belinda Carlisle, plus a Dance Pavilion. The parade will begin at 11 a.m. at Third and N streets, then proceed on N to 10th Street.
Free Railroad Museum admission this weekend
California State Parks and the California State Railroad Museum will host Amtrak Train Days event this weekend. There will be free admission to the Railroad Museum, 125 I St., Old Sacramento, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday to celebrate the love of trains.
Sacramento Black Book Fair in Oak Park area
The Sacramento Black Book Fair continues from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today and Sunday at various venues in Sacramento. There will be a book drive all today at the Women’s Civic Improvement Center, 3555 Third Ave. For a full schedule, go to www.sacramentoblackbookfair.com.
Sacramento Library to host book sale
Friends of the Sacramento Public Library will host its Warehouse Book Sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at 8250 Belvedere Ave., Suite E, in Sacramento. More than 100,000 gently used books, videos and audio books will be offered for between 50 cents and $2.
Outdoor art fest at Pavilions Shopping Center
The Kiwanis Art Fiesta is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday at Pavilions Shopping Center, 563 Pavilions Lane in Sacramento. The outdoor show raises funds children’s charities in the Sacramento region, including the Kiwanis Family House and Just for Kids, which helps families affected by cancer.
Fly in the ‘Tin Goose’ at Lincoln Airport
Aviation buffs can ride in a Ford Tri-Motor, an all-metal 1929 “Tin Goose” airliner, this weekend at Lincoln Regional Airport. The Lincoln Experimental Aircraft Association is sponsoring the event, scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday. For prices and more information, go to flytheford.org.
Things to do
- The annual Pops in the Park concert series begins at 6 p.m. today at East Portal Park, 1120 Rodeo Way in Sacramento. The free concert series will take place every Saturday this month at different parks in the Sacramento City Council’s District 3 area. Tom Rigney and Flambeau are the scheduled performers today.
- California State Parks and the State Indian Museum will celebrate the 38th annual Gathering of Honored Elders from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the museum, 2618 K St.
- Woodland Public Library kicks off its “Every Hero Has a Story” summer reading kickoff party at 1 p.m. today. There will be a sign-up table, two bounce houses, lawn games and more at the library, 250 First St.
- Sacramento River Cats vs. Tacoma Rainiers, 7:05 p.m., Raley Field
- Sacramento Republic FC vs. Austin Aztex, 8 p.m., Bonney Field