An overheated extension cord set a garage ablaze Wednesday night in Arden Arcade.
More than two dozen firefighters arrived in the 3400 block of Edison Avenue and were able to contain the fire before it spread to the rest of the single-story home or caused any injuries, the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire district reported.
According to the fire department, the blaze scorched about $125,000 worth of property before fire crews subdued it.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.