Sacramento catering company closed by health inspectors. This is why
Sacramento County inspectors shut down a local catering company due to an “imminent health hazard.”
According to the county, imminent health hazards that could result in a closure or permit suspension including a lack of hot water, sewage overflow and pests such as cockroaches, rats and mice in food preparation or storage areas.
Although the catering company was temporarily closed, a number of restaurants, coffee shops and Walmart stores passed inspections and received green placards.
While a yellow placard signals two or more major violations, these are typically corrected or mitigated during the inspection, according to the Sacramento County Retail Food Inspection Guide.
A red placard, however, signals “imminent danger to public health and safety” and suspends the health permit until violations are corrected.
This could include, but is not limited to, major vermin contamination.
In contrast, a green placard means a restaurant passed inspection.
The county performs about 14,000 inspections annually, with 97% of establishments passing, spokesman Ken Casparis previously told The Sacramento Bee.
Approximately 1% of inspections result in a closure, he said.
The Bee publishes weekly updates on health inspections across Sacramento County.
Here are the results of Sacramento County food facility inspections for Thursday, July 24, through Wednesday, July 30, as of Thursday afternoon.
If an inspection listed below needs clarification, business owners can email The Sacramento Bee at servicejournalists@sacbee.com.
Sacramento catering company closed by health inspectors
Sydney Catering, 8531 Thys Court in Sacramento, had a major health code violation on Friday, July 25.
Sacramento County health inspectors shut down the catering company due to “no water supply,” the county Environmental Management Department said on its website.
No other details about the closure were available as of Thursday.
Sydney Catering reopened on Monday, July 28, the county said.