A North Highlands resident was burned while trying to douse a house blaze that was punctuated by exploding propane tanks.
Early Tuesday morning, a fire broke out in a car parked between houses on Danfield Circle. The fire quickly spread to the garage of one of the residences and when Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District crews arrived propane tanks were exploding.
Crews contained the fire to the garage and attic of the home. Damage to the garage and the vehicle was estimated by Sac Metro at $50,000.
One resident suffered burns trying to put the fire out with a garden hose before crews arrived. He was treated at the scene and transported to a hospital.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Editor’s note: An earlier online version of this story had the wrong location and time due to inaccurate information from Sac Metro.