Sacramento police and firefighters responded Thursday evening to a fire at a midtown home caused by the production of hashish oil, according to authorities.
A resident of the home near 24th and T streets was making the oil – concentrated cannabis – using butane, said police Officer Doug Morse. There were “high levels” of butane in the house, causing the fire, he said.
Marijuana also was found in the home, Morse said.
The resident suffered burns and was taken to a local hospital. However, his injuries were not serious, Morse said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
He has not been arrested, but Morse said it is possible he could face charges in the future.