Crime - Sacto 911

DNA reveals Subway sex assault suspect not linked to Interstate 80 rape series

Sacramento County sheriff’s detectives say the sexual assault of a restaurant employee last week is not connected to a series of rapes near Interstate 80 and Madison Avenue.

Detectives used DNA to rule out Kenneth Anderson, arrested Friday in connection with the violent attack at a Subway restaurant on Auburn Boulevard, in the I-80 series, said sheriff’s Sgt. Lisa Bowman.

The suspect in the rape series is described as a black man between 20 and 40 years old. Victims said he had a shaved head or short “afro-style” haircut, was clean shaven and had a large build. He wore rectangular glasses and, in the third attack, was driving an older-model, boxy, 4-door vehicle red in color.

Those three attacks, which took place in September, December and January, bore some resemblance to Tuesday’s attack, in which the victim was brutally beaten. However, expedited DNA results confirmed there was not a link.

Anyone with information about the series of rapes is asked to call the sheriff’s sexual assault bureau at (916) 874-5070.

  Comments